30 Highest RTP Slot Machines
Suppose you have ever been interested in the structure of online slots or studied information about a particular slot before trying the game. In that case, you may have come across the abbreviation RTP which stands for Return To Player. In a nutshell, it tells us how big the payout percentage can a slot produce. Seasoned players have long used this parameter to decide if the slot is worth playing or not. So read on if you want to find out what RTP is, how it works, how it impacts the profitability of a slot, and whether that is important.
What is RTP?
At a particular stage, a gambler begins to wonder about the probability of winning at a casino. And this is where the concept of "theoretical percentage of return" or RTP comes to the rescue.
RTP is an indicator that determines the percentage of return on winnings from a slot machine. Translated as "return to player", it's the value that makes it clear the chances of winning a casino client and what advantage the casino has. You can get access to hundreds of slot machines with high RTP (97% or more) on licensed casinos sites like Thor Slots.
Let's take a deeper look at all the nuances of the concept of the percentage of return, and consider it with illustrative examples to find out how it works?
How Do RTP Works?
Every casino game has an RTP, although it is not always indicated. Its value shows how much of the money bets the gambling will return to users through prizes. The higher the theoretical percentage of return, the more profitable the game is.
Gambling entertainment with a wide range of RTP values ??is now available in casinos. A slot machine with a score of 96-97% is considered a good option, and games below 90% are scarce.
An example of calculating the potential winnings based on RTP
When considering the theoretical return percentage, we should remember that we are not talking about a specific game session but a long-term phenomenon.
Let's take an example: the famous Big Bad Wolf slot from developer Quickspin has a payout rate of 97.3%. Let 20 players play on the machine on a conditional Friday, each of whom made bets for 5,000 (together £100,000). The simulator will return £97,300 in prizes. In this case, they will be distributed among users randomly. Someone will receive only 300, someone perhaps 3000, and someone will hit the jackpot for several tens of thousands.
The example is very conditional and schematic, but it allows us to draw the following conclusions:
- RTP shows the probability of getting a win in a gambling game;
- It makes it clear what advantage the casino has over the players in a particular variant. In this case, it is 2.7%
- If the theoretical return were equal to 100%, the casino would not earn anything, but this is impossible.
Types of Slots by RTP
All theoretical return games can be categorized into three types:
- Low RTP games - up to 95%
- Average Return to Player (RTP) - 95-97%
- Exceptionally high theoretical return - 97% and higher.
It's said that the higher RTP, the better the game will perform in terms of payouts. However, that isn't entirely true. The upper example showed us that the RTP has little to no impact on short term bets, but it's an average value of returns a slot will make within one RTP cycle. Here are a few more facts about the RTP:
- The software developer sets the theoretical percentage of return, and licensed casinos cannot influence it;
- In most cases, the indicator can be viewed in the paytable of the slot machine;
- It has nothing to do with the frequency of making combinations; the game's volatility determines the latter.
- Many articles describe the misconception about the payout percentage parameter. It does not mean that, for example, you can only return £94 from the game if you bet 100 (with an RTP value of 94%). This would be absurd, as the game will be returning 94% of the total amount wagered during its lifetime.
Relationship Between RTP and Variance
There is no direct relationship between the return-to-player ratio and payout frequency. Variance is the spread of winnings over time, while RTP determines rate payouts from the total wagered amount. The variance shows how often payouts will drop out and how big the winnings will be.
While RTP states how much of the bets will be returned.
There can be three stages of volatility in slots: low, high and medium. In the first case, combinations on slot machines will be pretty frequent, but they will not bring tangible profit. On the contrary, you will have to wait a long time, but the bets will pay off well if you are lucky. Lastly, the medium category keeps things pretty much balanced.
Thus, it would help if you prefer games with a high RTP but simultaneously adjust your strategy about the indicators of their variance. For example, if you're playing a high volatility slot, make sure to keep a look at your balance as wins will come after quite a while, and you might end up losing everything. On the other hand, if you are playing on a low volatility slot, try to make bigger bets, as wins will drop quite often, and higher bets will result in higher wins.
Can RTP of Slots be Altered?
So, we found out that users can focus on the RTP rate to select a specific slot machine. But the return to player percentage is not constant and can change. Although online casino sites do not publish such information, this information is quite easy to obtain in other ways. So here are the cases in which the RTP of a slot machine could be changed:
- The provider has changed some of the mechanics, as a result of which the RTP has changed. Such cases are necessarily highlighted on developers' websites and sent to online casinos so that they can warn users.
- The player ended up in a dishonest casino that offers users pirated copies of popular slots, passing them off as originals. In this case, the casino adjusts the return of the slots so that winning is impossible. Everything in such establishments ensures that the player loses all his money as quickly as possible.
- With the release of various official updates of slots from providers. As in the first case, such things are made public.
- It should be noted that an honest online casino cannot change the RTP of slots. This is due to the anti-cheat protection algorithms. Providers care about their reputation and player comfort. At the moment, online casino slot machines offer a wide variety. And given a large number of casinos themselves on the Internet, it is generally effortless for a beginner to get confused and fall into the clutches of deceivers who lure money out of them by promising very generous gifts. For permanent play, you should choose licensed clubs. For example, in a club like Parimatch, the bonuses are also very good, but at the same time, the slot machines are all licensed and cannot be cheated.
- In addition, all slots that are positioned as licensed are regularly tested by random number generators by the independent company eCOGRA. It completely excludes the possibility that an honest casino can somehow deceive the user for their own profit.
Do High RTP Slots Really Pay Higher?
The most important question in this text might be: can the RTP make a difference, or do higher RTP slots produce more payouts? Well, the answer can either be a yes or a no. Yes, if you are looking at the long-term profits given out by a slot machine. In this case, the RTP is important and is the decisive factor in determining the profitability of a machine for every pound wagered. However, if you are looking at profit margins for a single session, RTP alone won't serve the purpose. Instead, you will have to combine both the RTP and variance of a machine to determine its profitability.
Top 30 High RTP Slots
I have spent a good amount of time going through casino lobbies to find slots that can make a difference in my bank balance, and based on my research, here are the top 30 slots with the highest RTPs:
|Goblin's Cave by Playtech||99.3%|
|Ugga Bugga by Playtech||99.07%|
|Book of 99 by Relax Gaming||99.00%|
|Monopoly Big Event by Barcrest||99.00%|
|Nemo's Voyage by WMS||99.00%|
|Ooh Aah Dracula by Barcrest||99.00%|
|Tropic Reels by Playtech||99.00%|
|Mega Joker Jackpot||99.00%|
|Marching Legions by Relax Gaming||98.12%|
|Joker Strike by Quickspin||98.11%|
|The Catfather by Pragmatic Play||98.10%|
|1429 Uncharted Seas By Thunderkick||98.6%|
|Jokerizer by Yggdrasil||98.00%|
|Rainbow Riches Pick n Mix by Barcrest||98.00%|
|Money Cart 2 by Relax Gaming||98.00%|
|Ghostbusters Level Up Plus by IGT||98.00%|
|Money Train by Relax Gaming||98.00%|
|Starmania by NextGen Gaming||97.87%|
|White Rabbit Megaways by Big Time Gaming||97.77%|
|Starmania by NextGen Gaming||97.87%|
|Zeus Lightning: Power Reels by Red Tiger Gaming||97.71%|
|Castle Builders 2 by Rabcat||97.75.%|
|Golden Tour by Playtech||97.49%|
|Big Bad Wolf By Quickspin||97.34%|
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT $10, $8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO $250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.